Monday, December 29, 2008

Dead Until Dawn by Charlaine Harris



So because I am a Twilight fan I wanted to read these vampire books by Charlaine Harris to see how they compare to Stephanie Meyers books. These books were written before Meyer ever wrote the Twilight series so I can't help but think she pretty much stole her vampire ideas from Harris, or at least she was inspired by Harris.

Harris' books are like an R-rated version of Twilight. For everyone that was frustrated over Bella and Edward's non physical relationship, Dead Until Dawn is for you! This book is only for adults because of the sexual content!

In Harris' books, the girl falls in love with the vampire just like in Twilight, but the girl is the one who can read minds instead of the vampire. And since the girl, Sooki, is the one who reads minds she can't read the mind of her vampire, Bill.

Yep, Bill the vampire!

I did like this book and thought it was interesting because the vampires were supposed to be accepted by humans now because of the invention of synthetic blood. So since the Vampire's don't have to kill humans to survive, they have been able to live in the same society as humans.

I've decided to continue reading the series, the next one is "Living Dead in Dallas" so we'll see if they keep my interest.

1 comments:

Tamara said...

My book club just chose this book last night. We are Twilight fans and HBO's True Blood fans. I am sure I will like it!

Tamara