Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Stolen Innocence



After reading Escape, I guess I'm on some sort of polygamy kick. I was so appalled by Escape that when I found Stolen Innocence, I just couldn't stop myself.



Update 7/7/09:

I just finished the book last night and it was a good read. At first I felt the author repeated herself a lot while telling about her childhood, and at times did not pay attention to chronological order, but in part II it really got better.

This is a nonfictional book and the content was truly shocking about the FLDS culture. Unlike Escape, this book goes into the trial against Warren Jeffs which happened right here in Utah so that was interesting hearing it from the witness's perspective.

Overall I loved the book, definitely worth a read!

1 comments:

Karin Katherine said...

I got on that kick too. Which book was your fav?