Monday, January 11, 2010

Piece by Piece by Tori Amos & Ann Powers



Read the review.

This is a behind the scenes look into Tori's life as an artist, career woman, mother, and feminist. It is written in a dialogue format including conversations between Ann Powers and Tori in which Tori shares herself with the reader.

She starts out talking about her life, growing up, her childhood as a musician and Preacher's daughter, and how her love for music formed. She then takes you with her on her journey into her career. The ups and downs of the music business and life in general.

My favorite part about the book is that she explains the meaning behind a lot of her songs in these pages! She explains where she gets her inspiration, why each album is different but are all a piece of her and also how the songs can change meaning with time.

Tori is an amazing woman who truly knows who she is and what she wants. Her life is centered around Mary Magdalene and she dives into the myths and archetypes of women in general including the Native American Corn Maiden, Demeter and Persephone, Aphrodite and Venus. She is very connected with mother earth and the life she creates. She is a Goddess and I love her.

She is an inspiration.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Pooba,

I'm glad you are enjoying reading this book. I knew you'd like it! What Tori fan wouldn't, right? Thanks again for buying it through my Amazon link! ;)

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Pooba,

When I last stopped by, you were still reading this book. I just read your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book so much. I knew you would. :)

Jeanne